Tuesday, February 25, 2014

End of the Line: 2013-2014 Trapping Season



The 2013-2014 trapping season was definitely a fun one. I’ll probably think of it as the year of the muskrat. That’s certainly not a bad thing considering muskrat prices are holding steady at around $10.00 a pelt. One of my waterfowling buddies, Dan, got into it this year and Ellen helped immensely on the short beaver line. All in all it was a good year for learning and it was a decent catch for water critters. I still need to work on my land (fox and coyote) line. When the winter weather hit, it hit hard. Coons stopped running and one of the routes that we were very excited about setting got socked in with ice pretty early in the season. It didn't help that for the whole month of November I was running around like a crazy person for work. I think I was only able to set one line, which I ran for a little over a week during November.

-Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment